PPU has a specialized practice in criminal litigation and consulting especially on corporates crimes. We have extensive experience in representing victims and in the development of defense strategies in the context of criminal litigation. Likewise, we are experts in crisis control in the presence of criminal contingencies in companies.
We also provide the service of identification and evaluation of criminal risks within companies’ business activity . Therefore, PPU develops compliance programs, which are intended to mitigate criminal risks.
We believe that a company with efficient control systems promotes legal, transparent and ethical practices, which has a direct impact on its business and reputation.
- Criminal-law litigation.
- Legal opinions.
- Consulting on Good Practices and Good Corporate Governance.
- Due Diligence on criminal matters.
- Development of long-range strategies to prevent the commission of crimes within the company or through the same, thus preventing it from becoming a victim or tool for perpetrating crimes.
- Forfeiture procedures (Extinción de Dominio).
- Crime prevention within the companies, preparation and/or review of Compliance and Good Corporate Practices, as well as risk analysis in corporate businesses.
- Crisis management on criminal matters within companies. Advice to shareholders, board of directors, legal representatives, CEOs, executive officers and managers in order to provide an efficient solution to crisis.
- Advice on the prevention and management of criminal risks in real estate, infrastructure, financial, M&A business, among others.
- Extensive experience in Criminal Environmental Law and Criminal Economic Law, as well as Criminal Compliance.