The Department of Litigation and Arbitration of Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría has a group of lawyers specialized in providing comprehensive advice for resolving disputes in civil and commercial matters, being within its clients domestic and international companies that develop their activities in the public and private sectors. The Department is integrated by expert lawyers in civil, corporate, litigation, arbitration and consumer protection law. The members of the group are distinguished for being academics of the most prestigious universities of the country and because of their extensive professional experience in conflicts related to banking and finance, corporate, energy, mining, natural resources and construction law, among others.
- The partners in the area belong to the list of Arbitrators of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- The Partners in the area are arbitrators appointed by the Ordinary Courts of Justice.
- Representation of parties in arbitration proceedings.
- Conflicts between companies and shareholders and between shareholders.
- Consultancy to companies regarding requests made by public authorities.
- Civil Liability class actions.
- Liability Claims.
- Special claims regulated by specific laws.
Civil and commercial contracts:
- General terms of agreement.
- Procedures of contractual and tort liability.
- Claim for void public acts.
- Requirements before the Constitutional Court.
- Claims for Constitutional Protection.
- Claims against resolutions adopted by public bodies.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral resolutions.
- Enforcement of negotiable instrument.
- Verification of credits in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
- Defense both individual actions and collective.
- Mediation before Sernac.