We advise our clients throughout all stages of their projects (as from the structuring of private initiatives and/or public bidding processes or, and until their projects reach O&M stages) including:
- Conducting legal due diligence of the specific projects, including corporate, contractual, environmental, tax, regulatory, permits, labor and other matters, and in structuring the risk allocation matrix of the projects.
- Structuring of private tender processes originated by non-governmental entities for the awarding of projects, based on different awarding structures.
- Preparation of technical and economic offers in connection with public bidding processes
- Structuring Public-Private Partnerships (PPP), from private initiative, if any, the prefeasibility stage, structuring of the concession contracts, the filing of the PPP proposals with the governmental awarding entity and until the implementation of the project.
- Corporate structuring of project SPVs as well as drafting and negotiation of shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements, consortiums and other types of business development vehicles.
- Structuring and negotiating of project documents, such as EPC contracts, O&M agreements, off-take agreements and supply agreements, among others.
- Structuring of financial schemes and equity fund raising structures both in local and in international banking and capital markets.
- Drafting, negotiation and closing of all the financing documents, including the security package and guarantees associated therewith.
- Representation of creditors and debtors in connection with insolvency procedures.
Additionally, our practice area works closely with other specialized practice areas of our firm, in providing advice to our clients in the following matters:
- Tax /Fiscal structuring of the project.
- Land acquisition processes and title studies in connection therewith.
- Authorization procedures with customs authorities in connection with free trade zones for the project as well as other authorizations concerning project equipment importation.
- Permitting procedures with competent governmental authorities (including, without limitation, environmental authorities) related to licenses and permits required for construction or/and operation of the projects.
- Regulatory advisory in specific industries such as oil & gas, energy and transport, water and sewerage, among others.
- Litigation arising in connection with the project.